Thursday, August 18, 2016

Questioning Choices

I was awake half the night wondering if I said the right thing. Was there something else I could have done. Was there a way to "fight" the good fight in a way that would also show compassion and love. Did I back down or say things differently so I wouldn't cause conflict or so I wouldn't look harsh? I am doubting myself now and wishing I could have said more.

I am a Christian. I am a God fearing woman. I am also a sinner and I fall short of His glory daily. I do my best, but our best will never equal the price He paid for us. It is by His grace we are saved and not by our actions or deeds. I am grateful for that.

Yesterday something was said about the Bible not being true. That it was full of nonsense. I was hurt reading that statement. The Bible is true! The words written in it are true. Gods love and promises are true! I am not one for arguments, but when they said that it was just another book written by man I got upset. I made the statement that yes, the Bible is written by man, but so are history books. We have not seen half of the things written in these books, but we believe the things that line the pages without question. We teach that history today and force our children to learn and memorize those "historical" things. How is it so easy to believe a History book, but not the most important book of History we could ever know. The Bible is true.

Believing the words in the Bible are a choice. God gave all of us a choice. We can choose to lay down our life and follow Him or choose against Him. Matthew 16:24-25 says

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.

I will never deny that I am a Christian. I will never deny that Jesus came to save me from my sins so that I may have eternal life through him. Sometimes I think that the issue isn't just about the Bible, but the question of faith. The question of believing something they cannot see. 

John 20:29-31 says this...

 29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed;blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”
30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
The Bible is filled with truths that promise us eternal life through Jesus by believing. By having faith even as small as a mustard seed. 

I know it can be hard at times. I know life is a struggle. Christians face persecution daily for our beliefs. The Bible told us these things would happen. Life can seem unbearable at times and for many people denying it seems to be their answer. If they ignore it they don't think they will have to deal with things. We can have peace in knowing that God is with us because He told us he was! John 16: 33 says...
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

I love you all!

No comments: