Sunday, August 2, 2015

Seeing Part of God's Plan Unfold : Part Three

--------------------PART THREE--------------------
After deciding to temporarily move in with my grandma we tried to make life as normal as possible. We worked, did school (I home school), went to Church on Sundays and Wednesdays, and I read my Bible and studied daily. The more I read the deeper my love grew for God. The more my love grew the more my eyes were opened.
 Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. (Phil. 4:6)
 
Sharon, the aid from home health and I were talking about prayer. She told me that weeks before we moved in she and my grandmother had prayed together. My grandmother was scared and didn't want to be alone, so they prayed that God would provide a way for someone to stay with her everyday while my mother was at work so she would never have to be alone. Sharon told me that she believed that I was the answer to that prayer. This caught me off guard. Me the answer to a prayer? The entire time I was here was because I thought she was the answer to mine. I thought that her love and strength was a lesson to me and helped me, but now I am hearing that I am really helping her.
 
 
I loved being here to help her. It was such a blessing to spend this time with her and build our relationship. It was nice to hear her tell me that the past didn't matter and that she loved me no matter what. She also told me how proud she was of the woman I had become and how great the boys were doing. The entire situation amazed me. She was helping me and I was helping her. Things were changing.


At this point I could tell that God was working in our lives. I could see it in all of us. We were in church regularly, Tyler (my husband) was in the men's group on Wednesdays, I was in the Woman's group, my oldest was a part of youth group, and my youngest was in Awana. We were building our relationship with God first of all, but that caused relationships to build with our church family, friends, and each other. Things were good!

I was so filled with Gods love that I decided to rededicate my life to Him. I was baptized as a young child, but felt that through this change I wanted to do it as an adult. This lead my oldest son and husband to also be baptized. What an amazing day! My grandmother sat proudly beside my mother and watched! She beamed with joy for all of us!

Now before I go on any further I want to make a point of things that have happened so far. Without one thing the others would not have happened the way they did, but God planned it perfectly.

Seeing the blessings when things don’t go according to plan is what we should all do. You probably had a plan in mind for all of these things and it may seem like you’ve gone off the path.

1) I had a horrible panic attack causing fear, worry, and depression.

    A) Due to this I went to stay with my grandmother.
      
         1)This helped me and her in addition to alleviating some stress off my mother.
   
         2) It build our bond

    B) I also realized I needed to seek God and fix my relationship with Him which allowed:
     
        1) Reading and studying His word

        2) A good influence on my family.

        3) Joining church groups and building Christian relationships.

        4) Building our family relationships.

        5) Baptism of Tyler, my oldest, and myself (my youngest will soon).

The way things were going in my life I don't think I would have slowed down or stopped to see what I was missing. I would have continued blindly through life. That panic attack, while horrible, put into motion those events. God had a plan and still has one. I am still watching it unfold! Please check back for Part Four!!

Love and Hugs,

Brandi J
   


 

No comments: