Thursday, March 17, 2016

Is God Calling You?

I'm sitting here drinking coffee at a time I should probably be sleeping. Scratch that, I know I should be sleeping. Do you ever have one of those moments where you feel like God is calling you to do something, but you aren't really sure if it is for real? I am having one of those moments.

Is God Calling you?
I am one of those people who tend to overthink things. I have always been like that. I'm sitting here now wondering if this thought...this BIG thought is really something that He wants me to do. I have been told by others in my past that this thing that I am thinking is something I should do. That this thing, this thought, is screaming at me do take hold and do it. I have been reminded several times over the past few years and even the past few days.

This is something I have been praying about for about a year now. It isn't something that I am only taking advice from others about. I have been avoiding others opinions of the matter for a very long time. But what if this is real? What if this thing really is in His plan for me?

I don't know that I am going to wake up tomorrow with one of those light bulb emoji's above my head with the correct answer. I don't know that I will even know in a week, a month, or another year. What I do know is this thought has been getting louder and louder and is no longer a faint whisper in the back of my mind. It is screaming at me now, and clearly keeping me awake.

I don't know if this is something that I am being called to do, but I will tell you that I will be praying deeply about it. I will be asking for guidance and understanding about the situation. I will be asking God for him to show me the path He wants me to take and help me discern these options and choices.

The only thing I do know is that if God is calling then I am going to answer! This might not be easy, but if this is His will then I am on board! If God calls you will you answer?



2 Peter 1: 10-11

10)Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11) and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.


Love and Hugs!

Brandi J

No comments: