Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Letting Go of Thinking You Have to Be in Control

letting go
If you are anything like me then you have a strong urge to always be in control. You want to know what is going on, what the next step is, how to fix any problems, what steps are being taken to fix said problems, so on and so on. The bottom line of the entire situation is we are not in control! We can't take on the world ourselves. It will never happen, so you might as well get it out of your head.

I am one of those people who will get in a situation and think "ok what can I do to change this" or " I should be doing this to fix that". The problem with that is that we are relying on ourselves to fix things or change things. We cannot rely on our own judgment  to fix things that are out of our control. Some things go beyond us and that's when we have to let go and let God!

Saying not to worry about anything is not going to change things. I am not going to sit here and tell you that I never worry. I worry too much! That is something I pray about daily. When I pray I lay it at His feet and do my very best not to pick it back up. I have gotten better, but again I am not perfect! I try and I try and that's all that I can do.

I have learned over time that certain situations go far beyond me. I can't change everything and I can't fix everything, but what I can go is go before the Lord and ask Him to guide me in the steps I need to take in accordance to His will. That whatever I do be for His glory. I also realize that whatever the situation and whatever the outcome it is in His plan and it will turn out for His good.

The first thing we do is humans is rack our brains and stress ourselves out when things don't go in a way we think they should. We want to be in charge of our lives and have a firm grip on our lives and surroundings. I know it can be hard, but remember God gave us this life to prepare for our eternal life with Him.

When you are feeling overwhelmed and think that you need to control your situation remind yourself to stop! God has it under control. We are reminded of that in Exodus 14:14 " The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.” So be still and know that God has this!

Love and Hugs!

xo,
Brandi



No comments: